Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 136 - May 15, 2011

TGIS - Thank God It's Saturday!

My first week of doing Shaun T's "Insanity" has been sumtin else! This man is truly insane and as much as I'd like to find a more descriptive way to explain this boot camp torture, I can't...it's crazy, bananas, suicidal (which is the name of one of his exercises)!  I'm just glad it all ended this past Thursday, at least for the week.  I spent Friday revisiting my Zumba workout and today is Chest and Back strength training, with a wine down on Sunday of Stretch X! ;-)

Check out the commercial below:




One of the other changes that I made this week is to return to a vegetarian/vegan diet.  As much as I would like to say that I am completely committed to this lifestyle, a gurl misses the flesh every now and then. LOL!  So, as long as I can, I'm going to keep this diet.  It always makes me feel so good both physically and mentally when I do it.  But as time progresses, it gets challenging because you really have to prepare a lot of your food in advance, sometimes the options feel limiting, and the desire for meat always creeps back in.  Now if they could manufacture a vegan substitute for seafood and chicken wings, I'd be sold permanently! LOL! 

The great thing that I've noticed about my new diet and workout routine, is the immediate results in the weight loss department and my mental state.  I loss 5 pounds this week and I just have so much energy and feel good.  Now I'm not going to pretend that everything is kool and the gang, as one of my old colleagues would say. LOL! But my anger, frustration, and depression aren't long lasting as they would have been pre-new lifetime.  I still have some emotional eating issues to clean up, but instead of eating tons of junk, I have reduced the emotional eating to doughnuts. ;-0 In the past, I would consume tons of ice cream, fried foods, sodas, juices, anything I could put my hand on for days when I was stressing.  Now, it's just doughnuts and a little ranting.  But honestly, this new diet and workout routine, keeps me hungry and sleepy.  The good thing is, when I'm eating, it's tons of veggies and things that are mainly good for me.  The sleepiness is perfect at the end of the day because it gives me a restful night and prepares me for a good workout in the morning. ;-)

This new energy, I also contribute to my liquid vitamins and extra B12 shots.  I had to stop taking so much of the Green Tea shots because they were making me a bit more "regular" than this gurl needed. LOL! But I have to admit they are good for cleansing if you need it. ;-0  My mind and body are so clear now and feel inspired and empowered to do so much.  I find myself semi exhausted by the possibilities but loving every minute of it.  I feel somewhat like my old active self again, but with more energy and more clarity as to how to prioritize things.  And when I realize that I'm overextending myself, I pay attention and heed that warning and slow down.

My Word for Today:  Energy!

1 comment: