Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 137 - May 16, 2011

Restful Sundays...

I always have mixed emotions regarding Sundays. I love the fact that they are typically a sign of peaceful rest but on the other hand, they also signify the weekend is coming to an end.  Today was one of those Sundays where I multi-tasked to enjoy a beautiful Sunday but prepared for the forthcoming week.  My morning started with a great vegan breakfast of whole wheat pancake muffins filled with protein sausage and tofu scramble. Yumoo! ;-)  Then I gave my body a good stretch with "P90X" Stretch X routine.  It was really needed after a pretty aggressive chest and back strength training routine from Saturday. ;0  After that it was on...

Since returning to a more vegan diet, I've had to be more conscious of food preparation, especially since I'm trying to eat more whole foods and less processed foods.  So today's kitchen duty required prep for today's dinner, and breakfast and lunch for the rest of the week.  I made a great alternative version of one of my ole favorite pasta dishes from the past.  It's a hardy, spicy, yet sweet tasting elbow macaroni dish filled with fresh vegetables, TVP (texturized vegetable protein), nutritional yeast flakes, and Daiya cheddar cheese. See the pic below.



The rest of my day is dedicated to preparation for work and catching a few hours of relaxation on the couch, watching TV, and then off to sleep before the storm that's to come tomorrow with a second week of Shaun T's "Insanity!" Pray for me while you enjoy your Sunday! LOL!

My Word for Today:  Time

No comments:

Post a Comment