Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 106 - April 16, 2011

IT'S TIME TO PARTY...

The Zumba Fitness DVDs have arrived! We started using them immediately on Thursday and have truly enjoyed the new addition to our routine.  The funny thing is, we tried to use the DVD series last year, but found the first version of this series to be boring and not comparable to a live group fitness session of Zumba.  But this new version of the series is more exciting and gives you more of a live concert or dance party feeling than the original version. It also has more exercise routines and a concert DVD that covers various global dance routines with guest performers. I look forward to using the series throughout the rest of my workout program this year. ;-)

We made it through a week of doubles! Four days this week, we worked out twice a day, and then ended the week with one ab workout.  The doubles routine was challenging and kept me and my working partner begging for mercy! LOL! But I really think it was worth the double effort and look forward to repeating this type of routine next week.

I have been somewhat frustrated with the lack of weight loss, but I've also been honest with myself.  I know that the lack of pounds dropping is due to my eating habits, and have committed myself to working harder at reducing the consumption of food choices that hinder my weight loss.  Thus far, I've been able to cut out splurges that include a lot of juices, desserts, and fried foods. No fried foods this week, and only one day where I broke down and ate something sweet.  I also tried on some goal khakis, jeans, and shirt and was pleasantly surprised that at least I had loss some inches. I was now able to button the size 10 khakis and size 10 jeans, and ladies' large t-shirt!!!

Unfortunately, my food allergies did flare up this week and made me ill the latter part of the week, and now I'm struggling with a chest cold.  But even with some health concerns, I'm still pledging to continue to work as hard as my body will allow me to, towards my goals. ;-)

So today, is rest day, filled with healthy food, couch potatoism, and lots of sleep. ;-)

My Word for Today:  Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment