Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 115 - April 25, 2011

Back on Track...

Last week was a REST week after contracting a really bad chest cold. I was told by my doctor that it was allergies rather than a cold, but by mid week, my partner had also contracted the same symptoms. ;-0 We spent most of the week, coughing, sneezing, whining, and resting.  Today was my first day back using the Zumba Fitness DVDs. I felt much better after days of not eating much and bed rest, but the cough is still here a little, and it's sort of challenging trying to breathe and cough while doing aerobics. LOL!  But it really felt like being resurrected from the dead after a week of no activity. I'm back alive and ready to Zumba! LOL!

However, I am happy that I was able to get up this morning at 5a.m. to do the workout and got through it. I'm not sure if the sweating that I was doing was a fever breaking or actually the effort of working out, but I sweat a lot. Today was what they call, Zumba Exhilarate, which was a combination of various dance moves and music for an hour.  Tomorrow is the toning routine, called Zumba Ripped for an hour. Wednesday is the 40 minute cardio routine called Zumba Activate.  Then I repeat each workout for a total of 6 days. ;-)

I also started using the Pull Up Revolution that I talked about in my previous blog. This little devil is really helpful to get your body up to the bar for a pull up/chin up.  In the past, I couldn't even get close to the bar but with the Pull Up Revolution, I've been able to lift my body very close, but no cigar yet, I'm afraid. So each day, I will practice trying to get one pull up until I'm able to finally do it.  Then I'll  do more reps until hopefully, I'll be able to do at least 10 consecutive pull ups. ;-)

My Word for Today:  Resurrection

No comments:

Post a Comment