Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 37 - February 6, 2011

And on the 7th Day...

I'm resting. ;-) This week has been extremely busy with the normal day job routine as well as my new "P90X" routine.   The energy drinks kept me functional but there was definitely some adjustment needed.  Yesterday was the usual errands, household chores, and a catchup on TV shows that I missed during the week.  Today is a semi rest day as I do a little lounging on the sofa in between preparations for next week (cooking, ironing, etc.).  What I've learned so far during this first week is...

  1. Low calorie is good as long as it doesn't equate to starvation or doesn't support an active lifestyle.  Eat enough to accommodate the strength and endurance you will need for your workout routine.
  2. Moderation and modification protects your body and ego. LOL!
  3. An adequate amount of rest is just as important and probably even MORE IMPORTANT than the number of days you exercise.  Without proper nutrition and rest, your body won't function at its peak to do the workout routines that you demand of it.
  4. Pounds loss matters to our minds and egos, but what really matters is how you look and feel:  the inches loss and the happiness gained.
My Word for Today:  Rest and more rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment