Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 52 - February 21, 2011

The Low Calorie Challenge Begins...

Today, I started my low calorie diet plan.  Surprisingly, it wasn't difficult to do throughout the day. I didn't have any unusual hunger pains and I didn't cheat.  For the most part, the early meals were similar to what I normally eat.  Breakfast was still a protein sausage and toast, which was a little bit lighter on the calories than the previous English muffin with scrambled eggs, and Daiya cheese added to the protein sausage. My snacks included both almonds and an orange, which incorporated more fruit in my diet than before. ;-) My lunch included a Lean Cuisine meal that was sweet and spicy and a perfect 280 calories.  Today's workout routine was one of Tony Horton's "10-Minute Trainer" routines and it pumped me up, made me sweat, and got the endorphins flowing, in a short 10 minute time frame. My kind of workout. ;-) Dinner was a grilled turkey burger w/o a bun, vegan Caesar Salad, and a cup of Garden Brown Rice.  I ended the meal with a slice of homemade banana bread. Yummy! ;-) And of course, throughout the day I took my supplements:  B12, Green Tea, Energy Drink sips, Slow Fe Iron tablet, Liquid Vitamin, and Recovery Drink, and I feel wonderful!  The iron pill is different version than I've taken before and I'm praying that the slower release time will be easy on the stomach and heavy on the energy! LOL! Wish me luck!

My Word for Today:  Energy

No comments:

Post a Comment