Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 39 - February 8, 2011

Second Time Around...

This week is my second week of Phase 1:  Lean - P90X.  I can't say that it's getting any easier as of yet, but I'm happy that I'm still with it.  Today, I wasn't really feeling like working out and even thought about skipping today and calling it my REST day, but I changed my mind and dug into Cardio X.  Cardio X is actually one of my favorite routines within the program.  It's a sample of  different "P90X" routines:  Yoga, Kenpo, Core, and Plyometrics and it's only 40 minutes long.  It's a perfect routine to do after a previous day of Core Synergistics, which is a killer! LOL!  Tomorrow is a strength training day and yet another routine that I look forward to, especially since it focuses on upper body, an area that I desperately need to improve.

Although I'm a good self-motivator, I do from time to time, struggle with finding positive support from others. This week started with a feeling of isolation and frustration because I really wanted to have more energy than I do for each workout and just overall more energy and alertness throughout the day.  I decided to join the Beachbody Message Board and discovered that I'm not the only one that has struggled with adjusting to the challenging routines of "P90X."  Reading their stories and hearing similar accounts made me feel as if there's hope for me to make it through 90 days and beyond. I've just got to remain patient with myself and this journey and have faith that my body will adapt to the routine and I will grow leaner and stronger each day.

My Word for Today:  Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment