Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11 - January 11, 2011

OH, DO YOU KNOW THE MUFFIN MAN...

I know him very well, because he lives at my house. LOL! I tried to resist the temptation to bake muffins for the past week, but have failed to resist the desire any longer.  Yesterday, I baked vegan apple-carrot-oatmeal muffins and they were sooo good.  Their density and natural sweetness filled me up and tamed my sweet tooth.  But the craving stayed with me today.  I found myself restructuring my meal plan to include these delicious muffins into my diet.  They're warm, moist, and addictive during this winter storm.  Help! I need an intervention! LOL!

My workout today was filled with more belly laughter than belly dancing.  ;-0 Again, I find my lack of coordination to be a struggle.  I didn't give up though.  So maybe it's time for me to accept the fact that I just don't have the skills to perform the routine, and switch to another cardio workout.  What say you? Would you still try to perform a workout routine that you didn't have the right skills to perform it?

My Word for Today:  Addicted


Apple Carrot Oatmeal Muffin






Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups roll oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup vegan sugar
2 egg substiutes
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup oil
1 cup soy milk
1 cup grated apple
1 cup grated carrot


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine all the dry ingredients together and mix with a whisk.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, vegan sugar, egg replacement, vanilla, oil, and soy milk.
  4. Stir in (by hand) the grated apple and carrot.
  5. Add the dry ingredients all at once and stir (by hand) until just combined, do not overmix.
  6. Pour into a muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

EXTRA, EXTRA...

Sometimes, it's really best just to stay at home.  As much as there is temptation at home while we wait out the winter storm, I'd rather be on the inside, than experiencing the accident that I saw earlier today.  See picure below.


















The car is pointed in the wrong direction on a One Way access road outside of my apartment complex. ;-0

2 comments:

  1. Those muffins look soooo good! As for your question regarding working out to a routine that you don't have the skills to do properly, I would move on to another workout that is similar and get the basics done correctly and then go back to the original routine and see if you can perform it better and feel more confident in doing it. That's what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I think that's a great idea and one I plan on doing next week. The Salsa and even Step Aerobics routines will be replaced with more traditional aerobics and strength training.

    ReplyDelete