Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 31 - January 31, 2011

BRING IT!!!!!!

That's what Tony Horton, creator of "P90X" told me to do, so I did it! LOL! Today was the first day of the 90 day P90X Lean Program.  This 60-minute cardio and strength training session, brought the sweat, the pain, and the endorphins! Core Synergistics focuses on strengthening your powerhouse, which for me right now, is more of a spare tire than a powerhouse. ;-0 Filled with variations on push ups, squats, lunges, and an upper body weight routine, Tony brings the variety and the challenge in every move.  When I first started my journey last year, "P90X" was a part of the plan.  Today I noticed that I didn't have to modify my movement as much as I did when I tried it the first time.  I could do the jumping jacks in the warm up and I only skipped two of the exercises rather than skipping 6 of them, as in the past.  Although the routine was still challenging, I was able to keep up with Tony and his crew and felt whipped but not defeated when it was all over.

Check out Mr. Tony Horton and his answer with Fox 5 Atlanta!



My eating habits today were good and didn't leave me with hunger pains.  The day started off with a bit of a stressful situation but I didn't seek out a remedy in food.  My energy level was higher than normal and I felt great as I headed out the door towards my workout for this afternoon.  Today was a very good day and I'm looking forward to the next 89 days of "P90X!"  Feel free to join me. ;-)

My Word for Today:  Endurance

No comments:

Post a Comment