Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7 - January 7, 2011

I'M ADDICTED TO THE GREEN-EYED MONSTER...


















Not only have I been trying to detox from sodas, sweets, and fatty foods, I've been desperately trying to kick the energy drink demon habit! Monster Energy's electrifying lime green substance is what I crave in particular. ;-0  So far, I've made it through all of my workouts for this week without trying to skip a day, but my energy level hasn't been as high as it would have been with that Monster running through my veins.  It really makes me feel like I can do anything! I'm a speed demon, an athlete, a miracle worker, I'm invincible! LOL! I used to also consume a can or two on non-workout days so that I'd have the energy to run errands, do households chore, and just feel great.  Now, I'm trying to resist the high calorie substance that's not only full of calories but overloaded with sugar. ;-(

I've always struggled with having enough energy and would ask the advice of others in the past, and they all said that once you get into a good workout routine, the energy would come.  But I never felt that unless I had an energy drink, no matter how many months I worked out...the energy just never came.  So what to do without my Monster? Any suggestions? What do you use to give you the energy boost to get through a workout?

My Word for Today:  Tired

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I saw a website that gives some okay, some lame, and a few are good. The website is http://zenhabits.net/55-ways-to-get-more-energy/. I like #15. You can drink something with a little caffeine like tea or natural energy drinks like Guru which has some sugar, but organic sugar and not nearly as much as Monster. I don't know about the taste, that I will have to try and get back to later! I hope this helps a little!

    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are a few tips I found. http://www.ehow.com/how_5666738_quick-energy-before-workout.html

    I do know that being hydrated makes a huge difference in your enegry level during a workout. And Gatorade makes a diet/light version of their drinks now. I'm not sure about the sugar content though. Might be worth looking into.
    Good job on resisting the Monster though. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ladies, thanks for the advice on energy altenatives than the Monster. Today was actually a good day for my energy level. I woke up pretty early for a Saturday and have been on the go since then. Hopefully, this energy will increase so that I have even better workouts. Thanks again for the advice.

    ReplyDelete