Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23 - January 23, 2011

10 MINUTES TO HAPPINESS...

After writing my blog yesterday and completing half of a project for my job, I thought long and hard about the changes that I needed to make to correct this downward spiral of poor eating habits and nonexistent workouts.  Throughout the night, I had dreams of work issues and working out.  Around 2:30a.m., I woke up with the determination that today I would start my workout program again and would prepare healthy meals for next week.  When I finally got out of bed, before I turned on my laptop to finish my second half of the project, I put on my workout gear, turned on the TV, popped in Tony Horton's "10 Minute Trainer" DVD, and got to work!


















Visit this link to purchase a copy if you like...
http://www.amazon.com/Tony-Hortons-Minute-Trainer-Workouts/dp/B0022QPO88/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

Have I ever told you how much I love, love, love, Tony Horton?! Because I do. Ever since I was introduced to his P90X workout series a few years ago, before the world became in awe of his wonderful 12 Disc Muscle Confusion Technique, I have idolized this crazy, funny, healthy, inspirational 45 year old man.   Today, I learned to love him even more.  Because after what seemingly appeared to be an easy task to do in 10 minutes, turned out to be one of the hardest workouts I've done in awhile. I did the Core Cardio workout (the DVD has three different 10 minute workouts with supporting warm up routines).  I never knew how much tension and how challenging resistance bands can really be.  I purchased the Gold's Gym Resistance Door Kit and had used it a couple of times, but never felt that it was challenging enough, until this 10 minute routine. 

The endorphins kicked in and the muscles stretched and burned as my body readjusted to an active lifestyle from the sedentary one I had condemned it to.  After those 10 minutes, sweat was pouring, arms were aching, and one of the biggest grins rested happily on my face. ;-) The high from that workout stayed with me the rest of the day, as I worked on my project, then ran a few errands to ensure that I had just the right items for my meal plan.

This evening as I sit and write this blog, I feel hopeful.  I have hopes that tomorrow will lead to another great day of workout, better eating, and more positive behavior.  I haven't given up on myself and I'm glad that my body knows it and is still ready for the challenge.

I also gave my kiddies a run for their money...literally! After a few hours of work, I gave in to my middle kids, barking and long face and decided to challenge the middle and baby of the pack to a race up and down our three flights of stairs.  After two rounds of this, we were all winded (more me than them) but happy just the same.

My Word for Today:  Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment