Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 26 - January 26, 2011

SPECIAL DELIVERY...THE GYMBOSS IS HERE!

One of my blog friends recommended the Web site: bodyrock.tv to me a few weeks ago and I've added it to my list of favorites. ;-) I had previously seen the online personality's (Zuzana) videos on YouTube.com and thought she was amazing even then.  But after viewing her Web site each day for the latest challenge, food tips, and gym equipment suggestions, I'm inspired even more.  The Web site was designed to celebrate the freedom and flexibility of working out at home.  It also emphasizes how you can get a great workout within 20 minutes.  Zuzana uses the HIIT approach (High Intensity Interval Training) and although I haven't dared perform any of these exercises yet, I have bookmarked them in my mind for future use. LOL! 

What I have decided to try immediately is some of the workout tools that Zuzana uses and recommends.  The first one is the Gymboss Interval Timer

The GYMBOSS is a small, easy to use, repeating interval timer. This multi-use timer has many versatile functions that make it beneficial to virtually any type of exercise program.  I'm going to use it with my strength training workouts to make sure I don't take too many extra pauses between moves and to keep the pace fast enough to get a good workout.  Eventually, I will also use it with other creative workouts that I'm bookmarking for when I'm stronger and have more endurance. 

My next delivery is a Cardio Belt that  I can use with the Door Resistance Band kit that I have.  Within Tony Horton's "10-Minute Trainer" workouts, he uses the Cardio Belt for some great core and upper body techniques.

The Cardio Belt is a must have for anyone who wants to get more out of their fitness cables. With the Cardio Belt looped through cable handles you can resist running, lateral slides, back peddling, broad jumps and crawling. With the use of the belt you can add conditioning movements to your strength training!

I'm also excited about this new workout tool because I think it will really increase the intensity of my workouts.  Notice I'm saying this now before actually trying it out. LOL! I'll keep you posted if both tools are worth the shipping cost and delivery time. ;-0


TODAY IS REST DAY...

I'm a little lethargic today and sort of glad that today is a freeby from working out.  Tomorrow it's back to three days on of strength training and cardio and I'm really looking forward to my Zumba workout at the gym on Saturday.  I don't remember if I told you about my last DVD purchases of "Zumba" and the "Brazilian Butt Lift." LOL! Well since I loved the actual Zumba group fitness classes, I thought I could incorporate it at home anytime I wanted to by purchasing the "Zumba Fitness" DVD.  I also wanted to work on reshaping the glutes and thought the Beachbody DVD, "Brazilian Butt Lift" would do the trick. But both turned out to be less than idea and not worth the $60 a piece that they cost.  So I quickly shipped those two back after the Christmas holiday and decided to postpone anymore workout DVD purchases for awhile! LOL!

My Word for Today:  Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment