Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25 - January 25, 2011

RAIN OR SHINE, SUGAR RAY LEONARD IS ALWAYS RIGHT ON TIME...

Okay, okay, I'm really trying to rhyme here or be clever with blog titles. LOL! Today was a lighter workout day for me and I was glad.  Although I enjoy working out, I find that alternating days of intense with less intense workouts really does my body good. ;-) I still did my morning 10-minute workout with Tony Horton and meditation, and then did another cardio session this evening with an oldie but goodie, VHS Tape of Sugar Ray Leonard's "Boxout - The New Way To Exercise with Sugar Ray Leonard."

Don't let the 90's cover and the name Sugar Ray Leonard fool you, it's not just ole school aerobics, but a great cardio workout with less intensity like the new HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts.  It's great for the upper body, abs, glutes, and legs, and if you need to get rid of some negative energy or anger, it's a great tool to do that as well.  I increase the intensity of the workout by using standard boxing gloves.  The extra weight of the gloves really gives my upper body a workout. Click here if you STILL have a VHS player, and you want to get a copy of the tape. LOL!

When the workout was over, I had broken a sweat, the endorphins had kicked in, and I was thankful for my second day of exercise after a two-week long hiatus.  My eating habits were also very good even though as I write this blog entry, I secretly (I guess not that much of a secret) long for something sweet. ;-0 Tomorrow is my rest day before another three days of cardio and strength training.  I worry a little that the extra time might be more of a temptation not to eat well, but I'm going to do my best to maintain my resolve to stay on the right track.  Pray for me. ;-)

My Word for Today:  Perserverance

No comments:

Post a Comment