Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22 - January 22, 2011

THROUGH THE STORM...

It's been over a week since the Atlanta snow storm kept me a prisoner in my home and  captive to my own inner food demons. I failed to keep the resolve I needed to stay on the right path and this downward spiral continued when I returned to work.  Back to the office, in the midst of unexpected deadlines, stressful times, and desires to make it all go away with a box of chocolate chips, and a crab filled burrito with lots of cheese and salsa. ;-(  Even as I found myself anxious, frustrated, fearful, angry, and depressed, the food still didn't satisfy me the way it used to. The sadness was still there.  My body longed for the sweat of a good workout, the soreness of too many squats and lunges, the beat of the drums within some good dance music, and the happiness from the endorphin rush of a satisfying workout.  Did I return to the workout? Nope, not yet. I still find myself distracted by the work deadlines, the anxieties, and easy access to the junk food even though I have a pantry and fridge filled with good, healthy alternatives.  It amazes how easy it is to go back to such an unhealthy routine yet oh so difficult to maintain a healthier routine.  This must be how crackheads feel when they're jonesing for their next fix.  Bad habits, are really hard to break.

But it's not completely all bad.  Even though I didn't stay committed to a completely healthy routine, my body did miss the workouts.  I also didn't completely blow my diet with poor choices.  During the week for breakfast and lunch, I always ate my normal tofu scramble, toast, and turkey or slider sandwiches.  I had healthy snacks in between those meals and I still drank water.  Unfortunately, it was after work that I allowed myself to splurge with fast food and sweets.  This weekend so far, I've also had too much take out and sweets, but tomorrow, I plan on returning to my better eating habits.  Keep me in your prayers that I have the strength to stay committed to this decision.

After reading my other fellow weight loss seekers' blogs, I realized that I just may need to use some drastic measures and get a sponsor like any other good junkie would do. LOL! No seriously, maybe I do need to have someone to reach out to in the middle of  a binging fever.  Because as much as I know that I need to get it together and not let work or any other stressful situation prevent me from staying focus on my goal, I've yet to master that. I didn't pass this test, but I do feel hopeful that in the future, I'll be able to overcome this addiction.  And if you're interested in being my sponsor, send me your credentials, I just might sign up! LOL!


My Word for Today:  Searching

No comments:

Post a Comment