Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 27 - January 27, 2011

HEAVY...BREATHING!

Those are the sounds that I heard in the wee hours of this morning as I struggled with Tony Horton's "10-Minute Trainer" video.  This session focused on the core and let me tell ya, those 10 minutes couldn't go by any slower! ;-0  The following video is just an example of what I sounded like this morning and is also a promo from my latest obsessive weight loss TV program. LOL!



Although the workout was challenging, I still felt that great sense of euphoria after it was over and the welcoming calm of a 30 minute meditation was greatly appreciated. ;-) The exercise and meditation was a great jump start to my work day.  I even skipped up the steps to the front door of my job and handled the first few hours of sour puss or deadline challenged co-workers with ease.  It doesn't hurt that there's one more day to go for the work week and then on to the weekend. Yeah!!! LOL!

HUNGER...AGAIN!

Last night was fairly challenging to my resolve of eating better or at least less.  Unfortunately, I loss the battle.  I had an extra sandwich and some cookies after I had already had my dinner of fake fried tofu/fish, coleslaw, red potatoes, and hush puppies.  Everything was nicely proportioned for dinner but in the end, I was still HUNGRY!!! It's amazing how hungry you get when you're eating healthy.  It's something about healthy food that just doesn't FILL YOU UP. 

Yet, when you eat bad food, no matter how little, it explodes into your stomach and fills you up like an air balloon...yeah, that's how your stomach feels and looks...unfortunately. ;-( 

Oh well, I haven't given up and I don't plan on doing so.  This is a lifestyle change in the making and I realize that I'm going to tumble and fall, but the important thing is that I get back up.

TODAY'S SECOND WORKOUT...

Today is strength training for biceps/triceps/forearms and cardio with the Pussycat Dolls' core workout.

I love that DVD and looking forward to loosening up my buttons with the girls. LOL! I'll report back tonight on that experience. ;-)  7::39PM - After the workout...it was GREAT! At first, I thought the strength training was too easy because I was able to get through it without much struggle.  But when I started the Pussycat Dolls workout, I was glad that the strength training wasn't too difficult, because the PD made up for it.  Those hip gyrations, dips, squats, jumping jacks, and belly rolling, got the sweat pouring, the heart racing, and hopefully the calories a burning! LOL!

My Word for Today:  Breathe




1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! Love the video! That's how I was today during my workout. Boy, it shows when I'm not in shape!
    I agree with your word for today: just BREATHE!

    ReplyDelete